Dimensions: 160mm (W) x 285mm (H) x 100mm (D)
This butterfly house is coated in a non-toxic lacquer/oil for protection making it weatherproof and safe for butterflies, bees, and insects. It’s also made of FSC timber, meaning it’s responsibly sourced and eco-friendly.
It’s important to remember that a butterfly house needs maintenance over time, including cleaning to prevent parasites and pests and to remove unwanted residue. They’re best placed at least 1.5 metres from the ground in an effort to keep ants out, which may harm eggs or larvae that may be inside. The success of your butterfly house depends largely on your garden and what bugs are attracted to it; likewise, expect more activity during the warmer months when bugs are more active.
Simply hook a piece of wire through the back loop and attach to a tree trunk, branch, or simply place it amongst your garden.
The included seed mix is made up of the following varieties:
- Larkspur (Delphinium elatum)
- Aster (Callistephuschinensis)
- Candytuft (Iberisumbellata)
- Catmint (Nepetaracemosa)
- Lavender English (Lavandulaangustifolia)
- Forget Me Not (Myosotis sylvatica)
- Lobelia (Lobelia erinus)
- Coneflower (Rudbeckia hirta)
- Pincushion Flower (Scabiosaatropurpurea)
- Bergamot (Monardadidyma)
- Yarrow (Achilleamillefolium)
- Mexican Giant Hyssop (Agastachemexicana)
- Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata)
- Native Violet (Viola hederacea).